Facts about Attaining Wealth
Attaining wealth has different connotations for different people. Whether you view it as surplus time or freedom to do what you want, the most basic underlining factor is that attaining wealth has to have financial undertones.
You must have heard the story of a fly trapped inside a room. It sees light at the other end of the closed window and keeps banging against it so as to reach the other side. Little does the poor fly know that the window pane will not give way against the banging, for it to reach freedom. If freedom has to be achieved, either the window has to be opened, or another way has to be figured out.
Likewise, people trapped in job situations are not any different. They keep working harder in their jobs in order to attain wealth without realizing that the jobs are designed to trade certain amounts of their time with certain amounts of money. Even the best and the highest paid jobs in the world work on this baseline principle of time and money trade-off. The day you decide to quit your job, the job decides to stop your income. Jobs are not designed to set you free.
True wealth is about freedom, choices, and options to do what you wish to do when you wish to do; not when your boss wants you to do it. Wealth comes from not having to worry about your next pay check. Wealth happens when you somehow manage to put a stop to this time and money swapping, which is existent in all jobs and many businesses too.
Stark Realities about Attaining Wealth:
Attaining wealth is not easy.
Attaining wealth is a systematic and disciplined process.
Attaining wealth is about creating alternate channels of income.
Attaining wealth is your own responsibility. No one will ever force you to do it.
Attaining wealth is about efforts. Many people do not do anything but complain about their life situations, which always have some concern or the other with money. They need to accept this reality the most.
Approach to Attaining Wealth:
- Accept that you need to have wealth and certainly deserve to have it.
- Re-educate yourself. The good thing is that you do not have to invent the wheel. Many people have gone through this path. You can learn from them and just figure out the best possible way for yourself.
- Be ready to take necessary steps. Some steps may require discipline others may have some risks.
- Be alert to opportunities. Make it a habit to take out time to explore opportunities. Do it as an investment in your future.
Methodology of Attaining Wealth:
- Start a dedicated plan to save from your current income. This could be in the in the form of mutual funds, bonds, retirement plans, insurance plans, or any plans with compound interest returns. You must study your country’s market to understand the savings opportunities available. Taking some classes helps a lot.
- Start to explore some opportunities of money-making in your free time. With the advent of Internet several affiliate marketing opportunities are available.
- Analyse your strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities. It is an exercise in management called SWOT analysis. We shall give detailed methodology of doing this in later articles.
- Most of us are not born wealthy. We gain tools that make us effective in money making as we grow up. These tools are generally in the form of our education. These tools are also in the form of our natural talents. These are our acquired or natural strengths.
- You will discover that there are several money-making opportunities, which fall in your areas of strengths. Working on such opportunities is always good because the efforts involved never seem like a burden. Therefore, earning money through such opportunities is fun.
- When we find means to create an alternate income using our strengths, while keeping our jobs, we create an income surplus, which can contribute towards our wealth attainment plans
Think about the above strategies and chalk out a plan for your individual self. You owe it to your happiness